8/3/20232 min read

selective focus photography of people sits in front of table inside room
selective focus photography of people sits in front of table inside room

Your Living Life Support

Are you in business? Raising a child? Planning for retirement? Sending a child off to college? Performing the functions of a caregiver?

We are all experiencing life and life's needs. However, we cannot expect to have the vast knowledge it takes to handle everything that comes our way. We need to have a group of experts to help us—a Professional Team.

What is a Professional Team?

Who you have on your team is governed by your life's goals and circumstance. For instance, a business owner should have one or more attorneys, a bookkeeper, CPA, business coach, etc. on his/her team, a caregiver should have an attorney, tax accountant or enrolled agent, clergy, etc. on his/her team. This team of experts should be able to answer questions, guide you toward your goal and give you peace of mind.

Is a Professional Team expensive?

No, not when you consider your time, stress level and the money you will spend trying to do things yourself and doing them improperly. To save money, be prepared by having all your questions ready and paperwork in hand. You'll find that the money you spend is a great deal less than what you will save!

Are you sure it will work?

The only way I can answer that is through my experience as a caregiver to my mother. When she passed away, I was able to take care of her estate in less than nine months rather than years. Get a Professional Team on your side, you won't regret it.

A Special Professional Team for Caregivers

When your loved one goes into a nursing home, assisted living home or other facility, you will have to take charge of their estate. Is everything known about the estate or do you have to dig for the information? As a caregiver, you guide your loved one on a journey from home to assisted living to nursing home, until the finality of death. If you have a Professional Team in place, the task will be easier. I suggest:

  1. An attorney to set up wills, trusts, power of attorney

  2. CPA or tax attorney to do the tax return

  3. Financial Planner to determine how the assets and liabilities work together

  4. Investment broker

  5. Bookkeeper to help prepare books for the CPA

  6. Family counselor so the care plan can be put into effect smoothly without family squabbles